aleno is a fast paced startup on a mission to become the digital heart of restaurants. Our cutting-edge guest management system helps restaurants digitize their processes to save time, increase their revenue and offer guests superior experiences. We are looking for a Product Management Intern to convert business needs into detailed product specifications and actionable recommendations. This is a paid internship for 6 months in 2022. At the end there may be an opportunity to turn the position into a Junior Product Management role. So if you want to help build the digital heart of restaurants please apply 🚀.
Examples of what you’ll be doing
- Work with our Product Managers, Designers and Engineers as well as various stakeholders on the further development of the product
- Define features and find a good balance between business and user requirements
- Support in coordinating projects and features from initial design concepts, through development, to go-live
- Actively shape our systems, processes, and methods and are constantly looking for ways to improve them
- Work hands on making improvements to the user experience and customer journey
What you’ll bring along
- You gathered your first practical experiences with digital products or product management; ideally, already in a startup environment
- You are a sharp analytical thinker with demonstrated ability to think through problems end-to-end
- You are driven to take over responsibility and able to work independently
- Your English is great and your communication skills are on point
- You have an eye for details and good UI/UX
- You’re passionate about an entrepreneurial environment and love a proactive, hands-on approach
- You are currently enrolled in university preferably in a field of with technical, design or business background
aleno was founded in 2015 in Zurich by a team who had first hand experienced how cumbersome running your own restaurant can be. As a remote company we employ a diverse team all over the world. Each aleno team member has the freedom to do their best work from wherever they choose, as long as their close to CET timezones. To grow a great company culture we have established these culture principles.
Our customers are at the core of everything we do. Everyone in aleno gains deep understanding of them and their problems. Our business success is determined by how good we are at solving these.
Speed is essential for our success. It’s better to move fast and make mistakes than to move slowly and miss opportunities. We have a strong bias to action and constantly push ourselves to satisfy the customer through early and fast delivery of valuable products.
We are a remote company. Therefore transparency and communication are key. We foster an environment where you can openly share your thoughts and challenge the status quo if needed. We all work to ensure everyone has access to all the information they need.
A positive mindset
We think big and see opportunities where others see difficulties. Together, we believe we are able to solve the most complex challenges.
Acting like owners
We see a problem? We solve them. "That's someone else's problem" simply doesn't exist for us.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. aleno is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.