Senior frontend engineer (80-100%)
We are rapidly growing across Europe and therefore we are looking for an experienced and outgoing frontend engineer with a strong preference on cloud and microservice architectures.
About the team
You are joining a new team which are working on migrating and rebuilding our Core product’s front-end. This team is working with our newest tech stack, for which you will play an important role in its future development.
What you will be doing
- You'll work with product, design and other engineers to build new product features from start to finish: through conception, research, implementation, and maintenance. For example, you might build an in restaurant ordering feature.
- Leverage your frontend knowledge to help improve performance and reliability, and polish existing features.
- Build and implement a roadmap to migrate the front-end from our old to our new stack.
- Push best practices development in engineering for the entire domain.
- Help your team members grow by guiding and mentoring them.
You know your way around
- Component-based, declarative UIs (we use React)
- Static types (we use TypeScript)
- Accessibility in web apps
- Rendering and design systems (as you’ll be building it up with us^^)
- Are autonomous, take full ownership of your work and drive your personal development
- Write and speak English without difficulty and are a great communicator
- Understand that frontend is not only about usability and accessibility but also reusability, scalability and maintainability.
- Can help others grow and are keen on establishing engineering best practices throughout the team
- Are fun to work with and enjoy the occasional after work activity.
Aleno was founded in 2015 in Zurich by a team who had first hand experienced how cumbersome running your own restaurant can be. As a remote company we employ a diverse team all over the world. Each aleno team member has the freedom to do their best work from wherever they choose, as long as their close to CET timezones. To grow a great company culture we have established these culture principles.
Our customers are at the core of everything we do. Everyone in aleno gains deep understanding of them and their problems. Our business success is determined by how good we are at solving these.
Speed is essential for our success. It’s better to move fast and make mistakes than to move slowly and miss opportunities. We have a strong bias to action and constantly push ourselves to satisfy the customer through early and fast delivery of valuable products.
We are a remote company. Therefore transparency and communication are key. We foster an environment where you can openly share your thoughts and challenge the status quo if needed. We all work to ensure everyone has access to all the information they need.
A positive mindset
We think big and see opportunities where others see difficulties. Together, we believe we are able to solve the most complex challenges.
Acting like owners
We see a problem? We solve them. "That's someone else's problem" simply doesn't exist for us.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. aleno is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.