Senior backend engineer
aleno is a fast paced startup on a mission to become the digital heart of restaurants. Our cutting-edge guest management system helps restaurants digitize their processes to save time, increase their revenue and offer guests superior experiences.
We are rapidly growing across Europe and therefore we are looking for an experienced and outgoing senior backend engineer with a strong preference towards cloud and microservice architectures.
What you will be doing
- Help the marketplace engineering team accelerate; be a role model, technically strong to help your team with hands-on development. You'll use your organizational and communicative talent to ensure timely delivery of high-quality solutions.
- Design, development, testing, delivery and monitoring of new and existing microservices within the marketplace domain.
- Establish best practices development in engineering for the entire domain
- Be a go-to person and tech decision-maker for software architecture questions
- Mentor and grow engineers
- Evaluate current state of the product to design and launch performance improvements
What you bring along
- An entrepreneurial drive
- A strong cloud thinking of how to architect solutions
- Experience with developing microservice-oriented systems and solving complex technical challenges at scale
- Knowledge of AWS and it's ecosystem
- Server side languages (we mostly use NodeJS and Typescript, but we know you can learn new languages)
- Experience with mentoring and growing other engineers
- Great English language skills
- DevOps culture & tools like GitHub Actions or Terraform (not a must, but a plus)
About the team
You are joining an existing team which are actively developing our new marketplace. The marketplace is where we build our integrations to other companies, like Google or Facebook. The marketplace team is a small team (5 people) with people from all over Europe.
Aleno was founded in 2015 in Zurich by a team who had first hand experienced how cumbersome running your own restaurant can be. As a remote company we employ a diverse team all over the world. Each aleno team member has the freedom to do their best work from wherever they choose, as long as their close to CET timezones. To grow a great company culture we have established these culture principles.
Our customers are at the core of everything we do. Everyone in aleno gains deep understanding of them and their problems. Our business success is determined by how good we are at solving these.
Speed is essential for our success. It’s better to move fast and make mistakes than to move slowly and miss opportunities. We have a strong bias to action and constantly push ourselves to satisfy the customer through early and fast delivery of valuable products.
We are a remote company. Therefore transparency and communication are key. We foster an environment where you can openly share your thoughts and challenge the status quo if needed. We all work to ensure everyone has access to all the information they need.
A positive mindset
We think big and see opportunities where others see difficulties. Together, we believe we are able to solve the most complex challenges.
Acting like owners
We see a problem? We solve them. "That's someone else's problem" simply doesn't exist for us.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. aleno is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.