Senior UI/UX designer
aleno is a fast paced startup on a mission to become the digital heart of restaurants. Our cutting-edge guest management system helps restaurants digitize their processes to save time, increase their revenue and offer guests superior experiences.
We are rapidly growing across Europe and therefore we are looking for a talented UI/UX designer to help make our application stand out from UI/UX perspective and coherent across touchpoints.
What you will be doing
- Work with engineering and product leaders to establish both near-term and long-term product vision and roadmap.
- Develop a deep understanding of the people you’re designing for by identifying their motivations, needs, expectations, and goals to be able to translate these into compelling experiences.
- Sketch and prototype ideas to quickly assess their viability and design the fine-grained details of components, interactions, and workflows.
- Deliver high-quality solutions and work with cross functional product development teams to make them come to life.
- Drive the development and consistent implementation of a design system and style guide.
- Help refine our design culture and export UX best practices to (product) teams across the organization.
What you bring along
- Prior history of building design vision and strategy and leading the UX and UI process from idea, iteration, launch.
- User centered mindset, you leverage research and data to inform design decisions.
- You strive to improve processes and the way we work together.
- You are organized and communicate well. You can balance multiple priorities and have excellent collaboration skills.
- A growth mindset—proactively seeking out opportunities for improvement, whether for yourself, your team, or the way we do things.
- Ability to move between high level strategy conversations and details.
- Experience in promoting consistency and thinking in design systems instead of one-off solutions.
- Bonus: experience with a SaaS products and web interfaces.
- First interview - culture fit
- Product sense interview - work together on solving a fictional problem
- Portfolio deep dive - case study presentation
- CEO interview - final chat with our CEO and a great opportunity to ask questions!
Aleno was founded in 2015 in Zurich by a team who had first hand experienced how cumbersome running your own restaurant can be. As a remote company we employ a diverse team all over the world. Each aleno team member has the freedom to do their best work from wherever they choose, as long as their close to CET timezones. To grow a great company culture we have established these culture principles:
Our customers are at the core of everything we do. Everyone in aleno gains deep understanding of them and their problems. Our business success is determined by how good we are at solving these.
Speed is essential for our success. It’s better to move fast and make mistakes than to move slowly and miss opportunities. We have a strong bias to action and constantly push ourselves to satisfy the customer through early and fast delivery of valuable products.
We are a remote company. Therefore transparency and communication are key. We foster an environment where you can openly share your thoughts and challenge the status quo if needed. We all work to ensure everyone has access to all the information they need.
A positive mindset
We think big and see opportunities where others see difficulties. Together, we believe we are able to solve the most complex challenges.
Acting like owners
We see a problem? We solve them. "That's someone else's problem" simply doesn't exist for us.
Different people approach problems differently. We need that. aleno is committed to diversity as well as inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and committed to the principles of affirmative action. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law, ordinance or regulation.